Thursday, October 20, 2016

Equality for all hair

“In a small market such as the one I work in, you don’t have a pool of people to even discriminate, so I don’t really know what that is like. We are all about giving rising reporters/anchors opportunities to move up to larger markets with our training. Maybe after their contract here, they will develop a look or a voice, but if I never give them a shot because of hair, that is just not fair.” This director worked his way up in the station from producer, to executive producer, and now news director. He says he has seen many people come and go. “I have seen natural hair, colored hair, shorts hair, I’ve seen it all here. But I also know people grow a lot here, and the fact that the majority of these people go to larger markets after leaving here shows that there are opportunities out there for all kinds of hair, you just have to find them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment